Thursday, March 5, 2009

Bedtime Routines

Long Bean really hates going to sleep. Just like his mom and most other kids on the planet. Normally it takes a lot of coaxing (read: milk) to make it happen. Some days he is on strike against naps. Lately he has been turning 180s in his little co-sleeper prior to holding still for the night, I suppose mom's breath smells bad or something. Tonight he got done having his last meal before bed and decided he wasn't tired. Normally when this happens he goes into his co-sleeper and is forced to entertain himself until he fusses when he is actually ready for me to come put him to sleep. Tonight he turned 180 and then babbled loudly for 20 minutes before giving me a stare down and promptly turning away and falling right to sleep. It was ultimately amazing, as this very rarely happens. Somedays I feel guilty about always having to put my kid to sleep, but then I remind myself that it's my kid and I don't have to let him "cry it out" as my pediatrician recommends. To each their own right?

Also my giant has been waking up more and more in the night. Last night I figured out it probably is because he is rolling back and forth and moving his legs straight up into the air and back down in practice for all the rolling he will one day do. Exercising in my sleep would probably wake me up a lot too.

Oh, and for those who are keeping tabs (me in the future when I can't remember) he has rolled over front to back about 3 times in the last week or two, but refuses to do so in front of parents, only when left unattended on his playmat.

1 comment:

  1. I love reading these. So cute!!! Was this your solution to not having a "mommy-blog"? heehee.

    ReplyDelete

Sorry for the comment moderation, I keep getting spammed. Lame.